BEST WAYS TO STOP MACBOOK FROM OVERHEATING – MacBook lover can tell you the satisfaction they get when using any of the Apple product. But some us, after few hours of working with our MacBook, we discover it overheating, which cause panic. Don’t worry, MacBook overheating will no longer be an issue.
From my findings, I have discovered that not the same method works for all MacBook overheating. So you may need to try more than one of the available options in this article to get your MacBook fixed from overheating.
REASONS WHY YOUR MACBOOK MAY OVERHEATING
- MacBook may not be properly placed while using it. Most time, we don’t place our MacBook on a level surface, in the process, the fans may be covered and will not receive proper ventilation.
- Don’t use your MacBook on a blanket or on the lap often. – ensure your get a desk or a level surface
- Try not to use it on the bed – this may cover the fan
- Avoid staying in an hot environment
- Running many application and pages at the same time – your computer may get over task making it to overheat.
- Having a runaway app running – sometimes we have app
- SMC (System Management Controller) settings not properly set .
- Have too many flash player software’s installed
BEST WAYS TO STOP MACBOOK FROM OVERHEATING – GET IT FIXED
CHECK YOUR MACBOOK TEMPERATURE -STOP MACBOOK FROM OVERHEATING
The first thing recommended when you notice your MacBook overheating, is to check the temperature. All MacBook comes with an internal sensor and fans that monitors and regulate the temperature.
To check your MacBook temperature, you can using any of this listed apps, like Gauge Pro, iStat Pro, Clean MyMac 3.
These user friendly tool allowing you to check on the temperature and performing other check making your mac work better.
CHECK THE FAN – STOP MACBOOK FROM OVERHEATING
Are you noticing any strange noise from your MacBook? That mint be an hardware problem with the cooling fan. This could make your MacBook hot.
Follow these steps to run a diagnostic check on your Mac.
- Plug your mac to a power source and completely shut down.
- Power up system by pressing the power button and D key on the keyboard together before the startup screen.
- Follow the instruction. The diagnostic too will pick up issues with your MacBook fan.
UNCHECK AUTOMATIC GRAPHIC SWITCHING
CPU may be doing all the work. The heat from everything may be heating up your MacBook.
To solve the problem of automatic graphic switching, simply follow this step.
- Click on the apple logo
- Select system Preference
- Energy Save
- Uncheck Automatic Graphics Switching.
This helps you conserve power. And stops graphics card and automatically switching.
CHECK FOR RUNAWAY APPS
Have you tried any of the above and still have your computer overheating, then this will work for you.
Runaway app, this are running and consuming more than 70% of your processor which can use up battery power.
WAYS TO SOLVE RUNAWAY APP
- Open Activity Monitor
- Choose All Processes
- SELECT & Click CPCU
- Use Click the %CPU column to sort the apps and processes by those that are using more CPU power.
- Click on Force Quit
RESET THE SMC (SYSTEM MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER) STOP MACBOOK FROM OVERHEATING
These may be your last resort if other options have not worked. Resetting
PROCESS TO RESET SMC
If the battery is non removable:
- Shut down your Mac.
- Unplug the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter from your computer.
- Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
- Release all keys.
- Reconnect the power adapter.
- Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
- If the battery is removable:
- Shut down your Mac.
- Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from your computer.
- Remove the battery. (Learn about removing the battery in
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
- Press the power button to turn on your Mac.
USE LAPTOP COOLING PADS
Buy in an extra hardware (a cooling fan) could help you solve the problem. There are various cooling pad available in the market.
UPDATING THE APP ON YOUR MAC
Ensure you have all your application up to date. This enable some app no malfunction and making your system health.
I hope this article (BEST WAYS TO STOP MACBOOK FROM OVERHEATING – GET IT FIXED ) helped fix the issue of overheating on your MacBook.
Please, if you other better ideas, you pour in your contribution on the comment box. Thank you.