At one point in time, we are faced with the need to format our pen drive due to some reason, either it virus infected, or to erase personal document or to clear up space for other use, to format pen drive is a constant activity in our work place and home.
To ensure that other operating system users such as Windows do not have compatibility issues of a new external drive or pen drive you formatting on MAC, the need to format pen drive or hard drive using Mac OS Extended is necessary.
Yes, it is certain that most pen drive or hard drive connected to Mac system are readable and work well because Mac read most file system such as ExFat, NTFS, FAT, MSDOS.
If you have never used a Mac system in formatting a pen drive or drive, not need to worry, we will walk you through simple process.
In this article we will learn easy steps on how to format pen drive or hard to work well on any operating system.
Easy Steps on how to format pen drive
- Connect the pen drive or hard drive to the Mac system.
2. Search and click on Disk Utilities in Application.
3. Search for the drive attach drive you want to format from the left side of the Disk Utility and click on it.
4. Click on the Erase tab at he top.
5. You can also rename the drive during the process too.
6. Click on “Format” menu and select Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
7. Click the Erase button and confirm your action on the next pop-up
We are done with the process. All you need to do at this point is to wait for the formatting to be done.
Smaller external drive format quickly, while larger drive may take a little longer.
The drive can now be accessed on both Mac and windows for use.